Monday, August 10, 2009

What I've been doing

I have been quite busy exploring recently.

James and I went on a hike up a mountain last Monday. It involved a large amount of mud and gravel and climbing up hill. But I think it was fun, I wanted to keep going but Mummy and Kate wanted us to go eat our lunch in the park at the base of the mountain. I think James got altitude sickness. He thought we were on a slide and lay down and yelled "WHEEEEEEEEE!" while trying to slide down the mountain. Mummy and Kate thought it was funny so I guess he was ok. They usually react differently if things are bad.

After our hike we had lunch and picked up bark and branches to take home. Daddy recycled mine :(

I like going places with Kate and James - they have a huge car and it means that James and I can sit next to each other and chat or play games. Mummy says we are too cute!

On Tuesday we went to the museum in Wellington (Te Papa) Mummy wanted to go see the giant squid but I found out about a storytime so we went to that instead. It was fun but I think Mummy's right I am still too little to sit and listen to 3 books before we can go play. Then we met Daddy for lunch.

On Wednesday we went swimming. It was fun. We didn't get to swim in the big pool as they were having a lesson but I got to go in the baby pool and played in the fountains and bubbles. After that we met Laila and Marnie for lunch. I had sushi and ate all 5 pieces and then helped Mummy eat her naan bread.

On Thursday we joined Marnie, Laila and 300 other people for a buggy walk at Hikoikoi Reserve. It was very interesting. There were so many people and dogs to look at that I didn't mind having to sit in my buggy for so long. We also saw the sea and beach. At the start of the walk there was a big picnic area with coffee for the mums and snacks for us littlies. After the walk we had a picnic for lunch.

Friday we had coffee group at the local rugby field. What a great idea! There was more than enough space for us to run around and even a small playpark.

I really did a lot last week! No wonder Mummy was looking for a break on the weekend!

No comments: